The Chestnut Forum

Topic Options
#615 - 07/21/03 09:47 PM Market situation
gao Offline

Loc: Guangzhou, Guangdong, China
I 'm not sure about USA chestnut situation now. Does chestnut sells well there? I want to sell my products "peeled roasted chestnut in sachet" there, I want some partner with me to share this business, anyone have interest about it?

#616 - 07/23/03 08:51 AM Re: Market situation
Wahl Offline

Loc: Wapello, IA USA
I suggest you contact Greg Miller via his website at www.empirechestnut.com. He is very knowledgable about the chestnut market in the US. He says he has never heard of anyone with chestnuts to sell who has any trouble selling them.

#617 - 10/04/03 05:29 AM Re: Market situation
gao Offline

Loc: Guangzhou, Guangdong, China
Dear Wahl,

I had a meeting with Mr. Greg Miller on sept. 27-sept. 28 in China.

We had discussed the situation about usa market.We all agree that in usa there are not enough distributers of chestnut. Now we work together with some wholeseller/small distributer.It's ok for small growers harvest less than 20 Tones/year. The sales system can not support a market plan more than 2000 tone.

Now I make a plan to develop usa market. I'm looking for a distributer who has interesting about chestnut. Do you have any suggestion about this?

#1303 - 04/13/15 03:27 AM Re: Market situation [Re: gao]
seo@2014 Offline

Loc: Texas, USA
When carrying out your market research you want to find out;

What sort of people are likely to be interested in the concept you want to offer - demographics, consumer interests etc

What sort of communications channels they use - so you know which channels to use to promote your business

Depending on whether it is a destination restaurant or one based on passing trade - how many of your target audience will be in the area you want to be based in or how far your target audience is likely to travel to if it's a destination restaurant.

You can either use a market research company and/or marketing reports to carry out your consumer and communications channels research, or do your own research if you have the knowledge/skills.

Once you have drawn up a short-list to identify locations based on critieria you know are important to your target audience, within your budget and on available locations work with the town centre management company (who will hold demographic information) and through your own research (as suggested above) to identify how many of your target audience visit the area. Look at what other businesses are operating in the area and whether they have synergy with yours. Look at how they are marketing their services.

#1401 - 05/19/17 02:44 AM Re: Market situation [Re: gao]
justin Offline

Loc: Canada
It is in great demand.

Copyright 2001-2017
C. A. Young, Battle Ground, WA